Monday, December 28, 2009

A Chavez Christmas

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Winter Park, Colorado where we spent Taryn's first Christmas. It was so special to spend the holidays with family in such a beautiful setting. I know it sounds odd that since all of us live in Texas that we decided to go to Colorado but a destination Christmas was GREAT! Meme & Gramps drove, while Aunt Tiff, Uncle RJ, Cookie and Larry all flew from Houston. I was nervous about flying with Taryn but she was the perfect traveler and slept on my lap for most of the flight!

Taryn's first flight

The snow was beautiful but SO cold! Ev and I only skied one day because it was only 6 degrees with a windchill of -12! When my fingers got so cold they started burning I knew it was time to call it quits. We snow tubed, took a sleigh ride and some people took sleds out to a hill near our condo.

It was a week full of lots of great memories with our family and a wonderful way to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ! Here's a few pictures from the trip!

Christmas morning in her big red bow


Christmas morning in Winter Park


Taryn laughing at her giant stocking made by Cookie


She loves her Aunt Tiff



Cookie & Larry trying to stay warm


Meme & Gramps







Sporting her cute scarf made by cousin Sarah


RJ & Tiffani sledding


RJ & I both got Snuggie's in the Secret Santa exchange...one size does not fit all

2 comments:

  1. Look at that sweet smile! I love her hat and sweater, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thrilled to know you liked our special Christmas ski place. I wish I had sent you warmer clothes, but I am afraid "one size would not fit all". Your little girl makes the perfect ski bunny!!!

    ReplyDelete