Sunday, February 21, 2010

One Year Ago...

One year ago yesterday (Feb 20) we found out I was pregnant with little Taryn! It was a Saturday morning and we had to wake up early to drive to Houston to celebrate Tiffani's surprise 30th birthday. I got up while Evan was still sleeping and after seeing the positive result I hopped back in bed and shook him to wake up because he was going to bed a dad. I don't think he believed me a first but as soon as I waved the pee stick in his face he realized I wasn't joking! It's hard to describe how we felt when we first found out but for me it was a combination of excitement and fear. It's kind of like graduating college and starting a real job is a big deal. And then comes marriage, and that's and even bigger deal. But having a baby and becoming a parents kind of dwarfs all of the other big things we've gone through. Now that Taryn is 3 1/2 months old we feel like God has blessed us more than we deserve...she's happy, beautiful and most of all a HEALTHY little bundle of joy. Her smiles melt our hearts every day!! We love you Taryn Faye!

No comments:

Post a Comment